Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the website of Elder Law & Advocacy (https://elaca.org/). These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of the Website and any services, content, or materials made available through the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms, please do not access or use the Website.
- Acceptance of Terms By accessing or using the Website, you represent that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms, along with any additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein or available on the Website.
- Website Content The Website provides information, resources, and other content related to Elder Law & Advocacy’s activities and services. The content on the Website is for general information purposes only and should not be considered as professional or legal advice. Elder Law & Advocacy reserves the right to modify, update, or remove any content on the Website without prior notice.
- User Accounts Some features or services on the Website may require the creation of a user account. If you create a user account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials and for any activity that occurs under your account. You agree to provide accurate and complete information when creating an account and to promptly update any information that may change. Elder Law & Advocacy reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account if any information provided is found to be inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of these Terms.
- User Conduct When using the Website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and to respect the rights of others. You are solely responsible for your conduct on the Website and for any content or materials you submit, post, or transmit through the Website. You agree not to:
a. Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
b. Infringe upon the rights of others;
c. Post or transmit any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive, or inappropriate content;
d. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent your affiliation with any person or entity;
e. Engage in any activity that could harm, disrupt, or interfere with the operation of the Website or the servers or networks connected to the Website;
f. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website or any other systems or networks connected to the Website;
g. Use any automated means, including crawlers, robots, or data mining tools, to access or collect information from the Website;
h. Transmit any viruses, malware, or other harmful code or files.
- Intellectual Property The Website and its contents, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, logos, trademarks, and software, are the property of Elder Law & Advocacy or its licensors and are protected by intellectual property laws. You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, or exploit any part of the Website without the prior written consent of Elder Law & Advocacy or the respective rights holders.
- Links to Third-Party Websites The Website may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by Elder Law & Advocacy. These links are provided for convenience only, and Elder Law & Advocacy does not endorse or assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of such websites. You acknowledge and agree that Elder Law & Advocacy shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or losses arising from your use of any third-party websites.
- Limitation of Liability To the fullest extent permitted by law, Elder Law & Advocacy and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use the Website or its contents, even if Elder Law & Advocacy has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Elder Law & Advocacy and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website, your violation of these Terms, or your violation, infringement, or misappropriation of any rights of any other person or entity.
- Modifications to the Terms Elder Law & Advocacy reserves the right to modify, update, or replace these Terms at any time, without prior notice. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically for any changes. Your continued use of the Website after the posting of any modifications to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction where Elder Law & Advocacy is based, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any legal action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the use of the Website shall be brought exclusively in the competent courts of that jurisdiction.
- Severability If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under any applicable law, such provision shall be deemed to be modified or deleted to the extent necessary to comply with the law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Elder Law & Advocacy regarding your use of the Website and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings and agreements, whether oral or written, regarding such subject matter.
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, please contact us.
Last updated: 5/26/2023